6.05.2006

She would ask for time, and she'd ask for time, she would beg for time

I'm starting to love driving more and more. Sure, you may attribute that to the new muffler and new radiater, but I think it's more than car parts. (It is nice not to obnoxiously accelerate though...)

Tonight I was driving the simple drive home and a peace fell upon me. Seems recently I'm stressed to certain limits in various locations. I aboslutely love my apartment, but living in it this year has been rough with accompanying pains etc. and it is also home to all the craziness of finals currently. That will be over tomorrow, but as it is, it's not my favorite spot to exist in.

Sometimes there are certain places that bring more comfort. Home, church, a friends house, an apartment, a coffee house, perhaps for now my favored location to be at peace with the realness God bestows upon my surroundings is the transition. The means of travel.
"Some will trust in a chariot, some will trust in a horse, but we trust in the name of the Lord."

The strings I once used to tie thoughts, ideas, and meanderings together have been cut and I feel as though I am incapable of appealing to your mind and senses. Forgive. Though, I guess I always really feel this way. There are too many word combinatons to choose from and not enough time to learn them all to best present you with precise thoughts and concepts.

Check out Architecture in Helsinki. My friends will tell you they are awful, I will tell you they know what beauty sounds like.

I got so emotional tonight listening to Regina Spektor's "Buildings," because it has never struck the chord with me that it did just then. I wanted to weep for the woman and weep equally for the man, and what, because a Brooklynite playing lovely piano told the story just right so that I want both persons to be saved and to not be consumed by the particular fire of which they are conceding to.

Which made me think of my absolute favorite line from Possession, "No mere human can stand in fire and not be consumed." Oh Christabel LaMotte. I would love to watch that now. I am not going to watch it now. I am going to go to bed so I can wake up early for tea and studying until 1:30 when I take my Western Civ exam and sell my books and be as done as possible with Otterbein. Praise Jesus.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"buildings" always does that to me. thank you for regina- she's been a nice addition to my life.

see you soon. :)

a.talks

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home