8.26.2007

yesterday there was a tornado.

Well some shapes have left and now some have entered stage right, and so the new picture looks different than the old. This is confusing me a little bit but as long as I'm willing to admit that, things are not so dire and I'm left with a bit of time. As autumn is approaching, I'm also left with a bit of crunchy leaves and just enough autumn-scent to leave me pining.

Last night I went with a friend to a purple, cozy, friendly, loud, and flowery cafe on the same street we started the night out on. At the beginning of our venture into tea & coffee time we met a guy named Adam, who was not lacking in Xylitol gum at the time. As we were departing, I ran into him again and while my friend struck up a conversation with another peng-you in the area, I became curious with Adam's presence and life. When asked, "What do you do?" which is the poorest question one could ask upon meeting someone (though the answer may contain a bucket of interesting to analyze), he explained to me that he was, actually, walking across the United States on foot.

It seems as though God called Adam to leave all possessions at home (including ID) and to trek across the land of the free, loving God and people all the way there. Adam has been walking approximately 30-40 miles a day. God also prompted a guy named Jim to do this, and while Adam started out in New York with a Californian destination, Jim started in Chicago, destination: New York & eventually Jerusalem. They both departed the same day, and ran into eachother outside of Columbus.

We walked with them around the city for a few hours before I departed from them at 4am to sleep a little bit. They slept at my friends house and today after service I went there to see them again and eat lunch with them.

They should be on their respective ways now...



Tomorrow I pick up a minor in Sociology? We'll see.

Pra.se G-d for peng-yous who are passionate, inspired, and awake. It was a bl.ss.ng to see Mary last night-- I had missed her kindred spirit very much. Also, new friends that go go go... they inspire me. Hello active mind, it's been awhile...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home