3.27.2005

He is risen, indeed

Pretty much all I've heard for the past week is Jimmy Buffet.

Obviously that means my brother is home.

"Ya know, I was talkin' to my friend Desdemona the other day..."

"WE NEED MORE FRUITCAKES IN THIS WORLD AND LESS BAKERS!"

Oh my, I'm a different person now. Sorry, "paradise" brainwashing under these conditions is inevitable.

I like those Xanga kids but can't stand their journal of choice. C'mon kids. Fret not, for judging is not my favored activity.

Last night I hung out with the Burris family plus Austin. It was loads of fun! Upon my arrival Mashel wasn't present so I chatted with Judy and spied on what Mashel's Easter basket contained. Then Austin brought Mashel back to us all and we painted eggs. Or rather, dipped eggs. We then rated them and they got placed.

Top Placements:
1st: "Sedona Sunset" by Mashel
2nd: "Gunther" by Austin
3rd: Tie between "Theodore" (a smart egg) and "Karen" (the mom egg) by yours truly. Proving to Jeremy Steckel that my mom's cooler. 'Cause I made an egg about her and it won.
4th: "Easter Sunrise" by Judy
5th: "Cross (with grass)" by Sir Burris.

and so on. It was full of laughter and occasional family tension. The Burris parents have a habit of walking out on me and into another room while I'm talking to them. I'll never fully understand it. Really, I mean, everytime.

Aunt Kathy, Alex, and Ian are here.

-Kel

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just tell me already, is it nerdy that I comment on nearly every entry? ::blushes::

Furthermore, that's darn right you don't judge. WOOOOOOO.

ahem.

-Kiiiiim ;-)

11:43 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

yes it's nerdy and i love it.

so tell me, is the don't judge me club dead or just in hibernation? LETS MEET!

:)

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

True love never dies. If I'm not working, I'm free. So basically, let me know when you're free, we'll consult the other members (let's pretend our club is popular and we have a lot of members) and meet and have a fantastic time.

Hey, try to enjoy spring break even though you won't see me much.

I'm burning your Jars of Clay cd, let me know if you have requests for songs.

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kelly! i haven't really gotten to talk to you in a while... so hopefully we can do that at small group. or maybe we can meet beforehand and chill or something. lemme know!! :)

francine

ps. i'm not a xanga fan either... i just have one for the subscriptions, lol

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home