9.24.2005

From My Old Japanese Teacher

Mina-san, Komban wa. Kochira [ this ( polite ) ] wa Nihon-go no kyoushi [ teacher ( humble ) ] no

Uookaa desu. [ i.e. "This is your Japanese language teacher ( who is ) Walker." ] I think that nearly all of you discovered this on your own, but I forgot to mention to our class as a whole that, toward the back of the fairly thick set of kana no kopii [ kana copies ] that I gave to everyone in our class last night, there are two different sets of kana no oboe-[commiting to memory]-kata [ way of verb-ing ] [ i.e. "Memory Devices" ] for ALL members of the basic sets of BOTH hiragana and katakana. These oboe-kata are merely SUGGESTIONS about ways to help you remember the kana. You will NEVER be tested on the oboe-kata themselves! You will only be tested on the actual kana. The oboe-kata are just a gimmick to try to help you remember the

kana. If you do not like any of the ones in that thick set of kana no kopii that I gave you last night, then please make up your own. If I can find the time, I will give you one more set of kana no oboe-kata. Wakarimashita ka.

Shitsumon ga attara, [ "If you have any...,"]

Ii-meeru (w)o kudasai. ["Please give me an

e-mail." ] Tesuto no benkyou [ study for the Quiz / Test ] to [ pron. like "toe," means "and" ] shukudai (w)o gambatte [hang in there] kudasai. [please.] Sore de wa, ["Well then,..."] Mata [again] rai-[coming-]-shuu[-week] [ i.e. "See you again next week."]Shitsurei-shimasu. ["Excuse me ( for breaking off contact. / for ending this communication."]

Sayoonara.

Uookaa



I thought you would enjoy that. I mean, I did.
College is hard. Scratch that. Margaret's class is hard.
Lots of laundry to do, hopefully I catch up with you later?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly, that was a terrifying entry. I enjoy you a lot.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home