4.11.2006

Brute Beauty

I can't say I've ever genuinely struggled wrapping my head around how God loves everyone despite of their character, etc. Just today, however, I walked out of Western Civ with a migraine and a twitch in my left eye, not understanding at all how God loves Dr. Robinson.

"It helped me realize I probably know as much about God as a baby knows the physics of the mobile dangling above his crib."
Donald Miller, To Own A Dragon

But He does, and He thinks her beauty and worth is beyond comparison to any sunset (I've seen some nice sunsets), and now I just need Him to show me this, so I can make it through this class without committing a felony.

Speaking of God, professors, and sky, here's one of my favorite verses from Eugene Patterson's Message translation:

"God's glory is on tour in the skies
God-craft on exhibit across the horizon
Madame Day holds classes every morning
Professor Night lectures every evening."
Psalm 19:1-2

[The alliteration in the title was for you, Kim. And stolen from my favorite poem of Hopkins' too...]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm proud of your alliteration. You'll go far with it someday, kiddo, dozens do it daily.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home