6.17.2006

Elvis movies

There is a strange bump of swollen-ness (ha?) on my bottom lip on the left side. I keep thinking there is something on my lip so I purse them and hurting happens. This is shady, and I suspect the ghost of Strawberry has something to do with it. (Or I got in a fight with Huckleberry Finn but then why would I do that?)

In other news, Kim is bringing me Johnny Buccelli's today. How sweet. That's what my friends are- sweet. And Johnny probably misses me. It's been since last week...

I'm actually considering a DCB show tonight, which is odd considering the circumstances. It is free, though, and I would not have to do much but sit, listen, and absorb the goodness. I would not have to do much except to "Come and Listen," if you will. Though since I am not in Dayton, where the show will be taking place, that use of "come" is incorrect, but if I replaced it with "go" it would not result in the humor that is my action being the title of a DCB song.

The end.

P.S. If you read the paper (Dispatch) you will find hilarity in the adventure that took place in my backyard yesterday afternoon. My brother drove me to Meijer where we purchased a 2 Liter of Diet Coke and two packs of Mentos. We dropped the Mentos into the Diet Coke and ran. Well, in all truthfulness, I hung out a large distance from the experiment to begin with, so I did no running. Chris, however, dropped approximately five Mentos into the Diet Coke and jumped back while the Young family took in the breath-taking display of a Diet Coke fountain (the porous texture of the outside coating of the Mentos reacts with the Diet Coke). It was truly a scene of great wonder.

And seriously, my Ma and Pa thought I would like Elvis movies so they bought me "Blue Hawaii" and "Alcapulco something-ruther" and they left on their road trip to Cape Cod/Nantucket/Bar Harbor this morning. I just got a text from mom saying, "Don't get dizzy watching Elvis swinging his hips" Oh Mom. You make me chuckle.

The real end.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone should enjoy Elvis movies as they aren't so much movies as they are multi-hour displays of Elvis showing off his singing or dancing talent.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you look like a girl from abercrombie and fitch.

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly, I never read the paper. My family never buys the paper. But for some reason, we had one on the floor of our house, and I saw that article. It got my attention, and I plan on testing it out sometime.

Also, that text message from your mom just made me laugh so hard, you wouldn't believe. Tell her she's funny for me.

1:06 AM  
Blogger kelly said...

Andrew- Yes, yes. In "Fun in Acapulco" a mariachi band mysteriously appears whenever he breaks into song. It's outrageously cool.

Kim- No, YOU

Carl- I think it would be even more effective to drop as many Mentos as possible in. The article did five, but who stops there? Try ten, and take photos for me. As for Mom, I'm glad that made you laugh a lot too, and I'll let her know :)

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home