6.22.2006

I heard from the trees a great parade

If I could look at any instrument and magically absorb the ability to play it it would most probably be a banjo. I know you may be questioning that statement because of previously mentioned obsessions with pianos and pianists, but you see, if I chose to play the piano I would know all about it and it would not be perfect to me any more. The banjo would serve to entertain the likes of my friends and family while enabling me to cover songs like "All The Trees Of The Field Will Clap Their Hands" by a most beloved musical artist.

Also, the surgery performed last Friday on my left underarm has been most inconvenient today and yesterday. When I arrived home after leaving Grant last week it hurt, as generally expected, but I refused to succumb to the pain and now I am feeling regret for that. Because maybe, maybe if I had just rested I would feel okay now. Perhaps not. Either way, right now I would like to take a pain killer but cannot due to driving becoming a necessary part of my future. The steri-strips (?) on my wound are coming off and that makes me nervous. I thought when they came off I would be feeling great. A reversal of sorts has conflicted with my need to carry on with the week. Also, I am a terrible person/phonecaller. I have received a million calls since last Friday out of concern and sweetsugarness from various Aunts and have yet to return them. For all they know I am rotting in my bedroom. I am awful. The very truth is that I was just dandy (Not entirely true, but as dandy as one can be after minor surgery) and even partaking in concert-going/keytar-enjoying activities. I am thankful I have relatives who are sweeter than home-made ice cream cones and as thoughtful as 18th century British poets but to place numerous owed phone calls may kill me. I hate phones.

I think I will move back today. This requires use of my arm, but that will have to do. Staying home will only result in further sadness once I leave. I originally thought of staying until my parents returned from their trip, I know they like it when I stay here, but I simply cannot subject my heart to unnecessary pains that would be inevitable were I to remain where I am.

But really,
"What the water wants is hurricanes,
and sailboat to ride on its back.
What the water wants is sun kiss,
and land to run into and back."

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That all made me really sad. Except for the banjo part I suppose? Feel better butterfinger.

3:12 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

Bike shop boy,

It wasn't meant to be saddening, perk up. Also, I thought we weren't going to use our pet names for eachother in public spaces [i.e. the Internet]. So much for trust!

Unlove,
Kelly

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're nothing without me. I'm the butter to your finger, I dare you to make it on your own.

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You always know where to come for banjo related advice...most people can't say they know someone who can play a banjo, but you do.

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didn't know you were having surgery! if you mentioned that around me i really must've missed it somehow... i hope all's well.

and yeah, steri-strips... i think that's how it's spelled? that's how it sounds anyway :)

xoxoxo, see you soon!!

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

also, i love the "love actually" quote that you posted previously!!

10:38 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

Bike shop boy,

That comment was inappropriate.

Still unlove,
Kelly


Andrew,

Do you really play the banjo? I mean, is that what you're saying here?

Kelly

Francine,

I didn't, but thank you! And yes, the quote.. glad you recognized it! Love & love.

Kelly

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. i didn't know you were having surgery. i wish you'd fill me in on these things. :(

2. joe gladwell plays the banjo, i thought.

3. you should hear this amazing song my friend anton composed for the piano [and he's a double bass major]. it blows my mind.

love,
alex

1:04 AM  
Blogger kelly said...

Alex,

1. Will do from now on. [Don't feel too in the dark. Outside of my family, one or two people knew.]

2. Sometimes he is a step ahead of people. Not always.

3. I would love to.

[i] Love [you],
kelly

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home