2.26.2007

he thought ezinma should have been a boy

Today was more chilly than the Dry Cleaners led me to believe. Their open doors told me I'd not need a pair of gloves, and a that a hat, though unnecessary, might not hurt. Trusting their open doors as my thermometer, as I always do, I trekked across campus today with no gloves. Fearing the inability of my coffee to hover before me without being physically held I had no choice but to keep one hand out of pocket, sporting my beverage while unprotected from the elements. The elements namely being the cold wind and brief snow, if I can count these things as such. I then maintained an alternation of the carrying hand, though it should be noted that my left hand has been dumbed down over the years by my right hand's grand efficiency in writing and carrying things. I think I wanted to be ambidextrous when I was younger (in fact, I'd like that now), but I have accidentally conditioned my left hand to be inept at the simplest of tasks. I suppose I'm not being fair, since this seems to lead up to a story on my left hand dropping my coffee, but no such accident occurred. My left hand fulfilled its duty as carrier and I should perhaps give it more credit than I currently do. I don't know why I keep writing like my left hand is autonomous.

I can't wait to get my hands on a large chunk of time to get rid of everything in my room. By this I mean, find another owner/location/purpose for everything I don't use and clean what I do. With the schedule these days and living here a year and a half now I've let things grow wild. Not wild like grass, mind you. I'm hoping I have not cultivated any sort of biological growth in my closet... Wild like a thrown deck of cards, instead (unorganized). Also the roomate did such a thing to her room last weekend when I was writing my Tuhami paper and inspired me.

Jackie and I might be going to Chicago for a couple days over Spring Break. Hopefully if we do we can manage to get our hands on some good bread and natural peanut butter to sustain us for the week, also a plastic knife from somewhere. Of course this all depends on Eva's schedule and her willingness to let us sleep on her floor for a couple days, so we'll see. Vineyard is continually taking people down to New Orleans I think, I wonder how far in advance you have to hop on that list. If I'm not going to drive and see beautiful people like Eva and Hannah I might as well make myself useful. Yes, please!

I wonder how long a drive it is to New Mexico. I haven't seen Uncle Jay for years.

Meanwhile, I'm reading a fantastic prayerbook called, "Seek God For The City 2007." It's basically a devotional for the forty days (or three million and something seconds) of Lent. It has much more of a wide lens than others I've read, and I can really appreciate that in the seeking it inspires.

Haha, last night I was able to spend some time with my family [Happy Birthday, Dad!] and they are silly and good. Also, every now and then my Mom and I get to spend time listening to good music. She now very much enjoys Anathallo, as well as mewithoutYou. The latter surprises me, but I'm not sure I know of too many people who can resist the charm of their video for "Nice & Blue (pt. 2)."

Did I ever mention that I had a dream that Vincent Crapanzano, the anthropologist, facebooked me?

I really ought to consider doing something else now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fallnHisarms: dear Kim:
fallnHisarms: today is a day when i get to see you
fallnHisarms: this makes me completely not blue
fallnHisarms: i would give up my right shoe
fallnHisarms: if everyday was a day i got to see you
fallnHisarms: cows live on farms and go moo
fallnHisarms: i bet they want to see you too!
fallnHisarms: the end.

12:15 AM  
Blogger kelly said...

I'm glad I have you around to shed light on my poetic genius. Meanwhile, I really would like to see you. Want my right shoe?

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss listening to david crowder with you.

5:51 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

I miss walking/shivering to get donuts at 1am when the bakery opens with you. After we've taken a "nap" for "just 10 minutes" after we turned off "Let's make Jodi Piccoult's novel into a movie that sucks the life out of the living."

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home