9.18.2007

miracle grow

This week has been entirely unexpected and what lies before me remains unknown. Oh... the comfort in the waiting though. This is my home!

Everyone should go to an independent pharmacist. Support Max Peoples!

Came down with a mean sinus infection yesterday. I spent the day in one place. It was funny because my Sojourners e-mail from yesterday contained a verse about God quieting the hands of the crafty or something. Guess I've been crafty...eek.

(kim sadler this next bit is for you)

Yesterday was a long day sitting in one place. The clock on the opposite wall took up half the room with its three slow motion hands, mocking my stagnant nature and elongating every tick. It became so large that I couldn't see around the monstrosity, and all the latest music videos of Kanye and Rihanna played behind it, entertaining only the ever-increasingly large keeper of time. Had I waited mere minutes longer before taking shelter in slumber, the clock surely would have consumed me, making me a part of its wooden shell and brass features. Alas, I slept, and with each REM cycle the distance between the clock and I grew. This morning, when I awoke to the tap tap of the bitty brown bird knocking on my window, the clock had shrunk to its normal size, hanging on the wall in innocence, as if prior to the moonlight I had not been its prey.


I don't know what floor I'm sleeping on tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home