2.28.2008

the rain in bombay falls on the righteous and the wrong

I think that Caedmon's Call Share The Well is one of the best albums of all time. The songs are all inspired by a mixture of India, Ecuador, and... somewhere else that I'm not remembering. They're such anthems. God has been loving my soul with this music, and I feel so joyful and ready when I listen to them. Which is nice, considering. Considering that most of the time I feel incredibly not ready...

So many things have been happening, and also nothing is happening. ?

Our little house church (yet to be named... "the vigil" maybe) is going through a weird time. We started off fairly energetic, full of things to talk about all the time, and that's burning out a little. We've been going to different public church meetings every Sunday, rejoicing in the different traditions of the faith and growing/learning. We're sort of reading the Great Awakening together (book club annex to the vigil haha) and we're also scattered across town on various days of the week digging work with various brothers and sisters. We're thinking about buying a house in f-ton,... and that comes with a lot of questions and decisions. I don't know how long I'll be in this country, but definitely sense our community moving in this direction. i confess i am not always so quick to submit my plans to him. father, forgive me, for I have not believed... We are learning that we need to be family, I think. So I feel like with that paradigm shift, a transformation may occur.

we were blessed to enjoy a potluck dinner (sweet potato and black bean burritos, homemade chips, rice, couscous... mmm) with a beautiful family that just moved into the area of interest one day this week. They were so kind and taught us very much. I look forward to seeing them again. their children make me feel Father on account of they jump on the bed and have hiccups.

Empty as a tiffin...

Most of the time I feel unworthy of what is happening around me, but "he always provides sure as the sun will rise, so i sing songs of praise, because i know he keeps me in his gaze" (who else knew my name before the day I was born?) "lord help me learn how to lean on thy staff and thy rod"

Yes, the Body is designed to be family. This(I) is(am) in need of improvement.

Speaking of families, my east asian family is making plans to reunite in Yosemite this summer, and thinking about it warms the whole of my heart. They are precious to me, I may or may not demand a ten-minute group hug upon seeing them again. Perhaps that's excessive. (maybe...) If only Mother Owl could be there... (and little brother Owl? No! the whole Owl family!) We're going camping and things of this nature, and it will be so warm. The combination of all these things is just too good. "he fathers forth whose beauty is past change- Praise Him." (name that Victorian poet!)

I constantly have books due at the library, as well as books on reserve at the library. By "the library" I mean, "the libraries." I have three libraries waiting on me for things right now. Bulgakov was so good! Joey Pigg was right.

I want to go to Ghana and help Emmanuel bring babies back to the United States. I want to go to Honduras and El Salvador and serve in the orphanages. I want to go to Cameroon and help at the AIDS clinic. I want to go to TJ and love the bike parking man.

I am restless and want my way. Forgive me and deliver me, Father.

1 Comments:

Blogger teknopr1nce55 said...

hey kelly, i'm interested to hear that you're in a "non-traditional" church setting in the US. i'm a part of an HC overseas and i love the intimacy, and depth of fellowship that we can foster... i've been in HC's more in the past 5 hears than in traditional ones... and i definitely appreciate the hc's although it's hard to not grow cynical at the traditional "big boys clubs." thanks for posting about this. i'm interested to see what your experience continues to be...

--lb
[wc's friend]

3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home