2.08.2006

We could be found

I thinks unreasonable to have midterms twice. I've got them again next week, and I just think, why?



Also, I think the word "kind" should be given more credit. I remember writing in elementary school that word to describe someone, and teachers telling me it's too vague a description. Actually, I'm nearly positive it happened up until last year, and if I were to use it now, it would most likely occur again. The word has practically been erased from anything supposedly bearing any sort of professionalism.

This is how Merriam-Webster.com defines the word, "2 a : of a sympathetic or helpful nature b : of a forbearing nature : GENTLE c : arising from or characterized by sympathy or forbearance [a kind act]"

How rare is kindness? True kindness, not the facade most put on when attempting politeness. I think that to be truly kind, and possess kindness as a constant characteristic, must be very difficult. Even an act of kindness--one possessing the trait for that specific and possibly brief moment, could have been otherwise.

4But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared,
5He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit
Titus 3:4-5 (NASB)

Any characteristic displayed by an all-powerful and amazing God is not vague, plain, or boring, not in the least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home