2.01.2006

"Somewhere in my life, there has to be an explosion that could truly leave a crater."

I'm incredibly energetic at the moment. This combination of being bored and hyper since I got out of psych at 330 (not long ago) has already cause me to implement a pretty important rule within this apartment. That's right, a rule. The rule states that in order to get to any point B from starting point A one must jog. This rule only stands provided that the lady that lives below me is not home, indicated by the presence of her white van in the parking lot. I'm not about disturbing the peace.

I'm really excited about the near-finished product that is the Student House. Today Holly and Karie started the faux-finish on the stucco "bricks." I worked on things with Karen. She's a lot like my mom, I think, not just the name. They would probably be best friends forever if they knew eachother.

I really enjoyed last night at Jed's. God spoke and moved and we listened and praised. What a glorious combination. A mystifyingly beautiful and powerful evening.

I feel like log rolling down hills.

Funny, in psych we are studying the memory, and before class today I read this (in Mark Steele's flashBang):

"The stark reality is that Jesus holds the power to change this world, but this world is seeing less and less of Him through the people who bear His name. We have developed the worst kind of memory loss. We do not remember what needs to be remembered, and we try to ignore what should never be forgotten. As a result, when we finally do make a noise, it leaves nothing real in its wake. It is obvious to all who hear that the explosion was a fraud.

If, indeed, the world and this nation have become places that we condemn and criticize more than affect, something is drastically wrong with the example we are living."

Also,

"In Ezekiel 36:21, God says: 'Then I was concerned for my hold name, which had been dishonored by my people throughout the world' (NLT).
I must hold immense influence on this planet that the turns and tides of God's impression upon mankind are held in the balance by my words, deeds, and actions. And here, I struggle with thinking I am of no value. God makes it clear in this concern that He is not referring to evil or unbelievers smearing Him. He is talking about us. That those who say, 'I follow Jesus; follow me to Him,' while not being responsible to actually live the truth consistently are in essence leading mankind somewhere else that God did not intend. This concerns Him. And it should very much concern us. We must realize that our everyday decisions matter. We must make an effort to remember."

Steele continues to say that "choosing style over substance," "communicating truth by false means," "impersonalizing our faith," "living by rules we do not take the time to understand," and "looking for the perfect thing to say instead of the right way to live" are examples of those things dividing us from our realization of the impact our decisions and manner of being make in the way of God.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Washtington Square Park
Even if I tried, I couldn't explain to you the amount that I miss the city. I wonder if my parents would let me drive back there during spring break. But hmm... my grandparents are living in FL this time of year. I frequently regret not applying to NYU. But then, how could I leave certain things here? Oh, Washinton Sq Pk, Oh, Central Pk, Oh, Little Italy, Oh, Chinatown, Oh, the Village, Oh, Rockefeller.

I'm going to get photos printed. So, The End.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to log roll down hills with you. It's my favorite.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home