1.30.2006

"My heart is as frail as a dove..."

I typed two paragraphs before I decided I was dissatisfied with my writing. Recently I've gotten repeated urges to write followed by quick decisions to delete. The best I can do lately is quote. I think it's because words carry tremendous strength. Sometimes I feel too irresponsible and unwilling to attempt to transform my thoughts into words, because what if the translation is incorrect, and what if I fail in accomplishing my best wishes for your reception of my translation? Ah, but I will never be able to control this. As of late, that doesn't register.

A dear friend reminded me in a cute card today of this:

"So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever."
2nd Corinthians 4.16-18

And it's what I would have tried to convey through this entry anyway.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have liked to see those two paragraphs...I'm sure there was some thought or feeling of great value and importance in them that is now lost forever.

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blast...see means seen in that comment.

11:44 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

Thanks for the comment, Andrew!
See works for me, am I reading it wrong?
Also, I'm fairly confident that no thought or feeling of great importance is ever lost forever, perhaps it's just a matter of whether I'll ever choose to share those thoughts and feelings again. :)

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always such a gift with words Kelly. I'm always better for having heard or read things like the above. You're amazing, I probably say that a lot because I feel like I think it all the time.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and while we're on it...does a passage that mentions "small potatoes" sound as great as this,

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.

11:05 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

That is definitely well put, it's just that I do love potatoes...especially mashed

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no quarrels with potatoes...what a versatile food item. Do you love potatoes as much as high fives though?

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home