8.02.2006

"They even smell purple."

I have been very tired lately. The tired that makes you feel like you just woke up. I'm usually not one to post specific health complaints on the internet, but I think it should be noted. A disclaimer, perhaps, for any neglect you may feel towards my behavior with you lately. I am a zombie with more brains, organs, and matter of the living persuasion (though what is a "zombie" generally composed of)? I do not know. I have been very tired lately.

Today before I took a swing at babysitting children that do not behave, I delighted in a little reading. This was intially difficult, as the exhuastion of recent takes my eyes captive and spins them around, but after persistant forced guiding I managed to keep them on the page right side up and actually gather what the pages were telling me about Sal Paradise's road trips with Dean Moriarty (exhuasting in themselves). I read some rich, brown, and bold tales as the concept of flailing oneself across the country with little to no money seeped into me like water seeps into my thirsty flowers (we live in a time of miniature drought and forgetful caretakers [me]) and pulled out of me a sort of longing to do the same. I think this is only so because of the colorful characters met along the way. The activities Sal and Dean etc. took part in interest me little, as does the idea of hitch-hiking, but the passionate folks these boys encountered and befriended (and perhaps the passion of each of these strangers was misguided in a way) reminded me of seeking out spiritually interested people... who was it that spoke of this? The guy from Michigan! That's right, Converge last week. Spiritually interested people. It has been on my mind. Seeking spiritually interested people, I will strive for this to be more of a constant manner of being.

Then Rosie Thomas' piano rings you out of all present thought.

A lovely Laura moved in to live with me, and I like it a lot.

I have been very tired lately.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you!
Your writing is always beautiful.
Zucchini bread is amazing, I can't wait for you to experience it later this month.

p.s. I won't have my phone while I am gone and I will have a new cell phone number starting when I return from St. Paul check my journal.

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like your room mate. Home will be more like home now.

:)

-shell

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home