12.01.2006

Joey

A little bit of why I love my writing professor:

Joey: Ideally, you want the audience hurtling toward your "big idea," so you need to build momentum. Sometimes this means that you drop a bomb in the last paragraph or so, as to get a nuclear shock value from your big idea. And sometimes it means that you drop the bomb early on and spend a good chunk of time telling the audience how they're going to die a gruesome death by blistering radiation poisoning.
Me: Does this even make sense? [referring to my proposed thesis]

Joey: It makes sense to me, but then again, I've never been accused of being sane. See the prior paragraph for evidence (essay = nuclear armageddon)

[edit, or rather, addition]
Today I turned in my paper to Joey and we talked for twenty minutes about Russian lit (namely bulgakov), comics, Professor King, Kafka (compared to cheesecake), and other general wonderfulness. What I mean to say is, let's be best friends with Joey, but more so, why aren't other teachers as cool?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home