11.15.2006

Tour

This week has been a whirlwind, and continues to be. I've learned I need to check weather.com before venturing to campus because it is most likely that I have picked the least sensible shoes available to me. Also, Brazilian movies about wonderful artists are sometimes different than you think they will be.

Every morning on the drive to WC, I take the same route and give myself a tour. Imagining I'm showing myself my favorite spots and narrating. For example, to my right lies a beautiful park reminding me of when I was a young girl living near the city and escaping to green, yellow, orange and swings after a hard day of school. That never happened but sometimes I could swear it did. On my left are my favorite strand of apartments in existence, and immediately following them on my right is a beautiful house with a bus stop outside the window. There, a man of average height dressed nicely is waiting for a COTA, and a mere two blocks (if that) after is another bus stop, occupied by a man of, say, 27, with dark hair and square-toed tan shoes. He is slender with slouchy narrow shoulders and he looks amused as though he knows I am giving myself a tour that includes him. Next, still on my right, is a charming movie theater I will absolutely go to when I have a chance, generally showing 1 or 2 titles I may or may not have heard of, but always screening the Buckeye games every Saturday at the appropriate kick off time. Following that is a wonderful and humble looking coffee shop with the best name, recommended to me by that friend who moved to Detroit. Sometimes, but not always, this house on my left will contain about 10 kids waiting for a school bus and chasing each other around on the front porch of a store in what appears to have been once a house. I am not in my right lane yet because there will be at least one vehicle, probably a green jeep maybe accompanied by a maroon car, parked in it before I get to my needed perpendicular street. Two or three cars will likely not know this and become visibly frustrated as they swerve into the left lane, the lane I am in because I know this street, only to return swiftly to their original right lane, onto which I will merge because I know there will be no cars again before I turn.

There are about a million other components to this tour, but I already have exposed my morning too deeply to you. Perhaps thoroughly revealing my nerdiness all the while.

Also, I've found when I blog about what I hope to soon blog about [see last entry], it satisfies my craving for having mentioned it, and I no longer feel the need to elaborate. Oops?

Kundera is so good it freaks me out, and the ending of Knowle's A Seperate Peace was unexpected but fitting. Oddly enough, I ran into someone tonight that reminds me of Phineas somehow. I didn't realize it until I saw this person, but it was them I had been thinking of the entire time I was reading. How strange, and not suitable for conversation. I find it amusing, all of it, because this person doesn't necessarily fit the Phineas "type," yet when I really get into thinking about how this person could have surfaced subconsciously in my mind as my tangible Phineas, it still somehow made sense.

Which reminds me... I don't make sense.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is nice to hear from you again...I missed you!

6:36 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

Thanks, state your name?

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly for your blog being so hip and cool, I don't really get it sometimes...

which I guess is hip and cool!

- Alan Files

11:45 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

Since when was my blog hip and cool to begin with? Haha.

Thanks I think Alan, I'm not sure.

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the bomb = you.

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why, i believe that's indianola avenue.

i take that everyday.

i too pass that coffeeshop. let's venture there. it's humble and intriguing.

i too notice the cars that block the right lane. most annoying: when there's a car so close to the turn. but i'm all too familiar with this road so none of this surprises me.

as for the movie theatre, i've been debating if it's questionable or not. perhaps we should go there before/after the coffeeshop so i can make up my mind.

oh indianola avenue.
you're good to me.

<3

1:06 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

I love you and that you knew what street i was talking about. Let's hit up "yeah me too" and catch a flick at the 35(?) asap. By asap I mean, when school is not kicking my butt.

But really, I'm glad I'm not the only one so captivated by a road.

9:43 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

Kim: I'm generally less explosive than a bomb. I'd rather be a golden delicious apple, if that's okay with you.

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heyyyy... a golden delicious apple! that reminds me... what ever happened to making (or simply eating) apple crisp?!! fall is here!!!!!

2:10 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

Let's make apple crisp Francine.

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, ok i get it...wc, yes...can't wait till we can nyc ... sys...lym ...kay

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home