10.31.2006

little bits

I update from Sullivant Library.

Today I finished David Sedaris' Holidays On Ice, entertaining, and am almost finished with Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim. That said, I have not completed my school work at all, and am astronomically behind on my readings for British Literature. I chalk this up to subconsciously giving up the attempt to stay awake for seventeenth century lyric, oh, and anything else except for the comedic Sedaris. I've got a problem, evident by my accidental nap in the union today.

Sufjan Christmas cd... preorderable (word?) starting today. Also, his tolerance for things typically "scary" and "horrifying" to normal humans astounds me. I'm considering giving up fear. Who needs that thing.

The new Beck is good, and to my surprise, packaged with a sheet of unusual stickers. mewithoutYou is poetic and perhaps rivals psalters in their ability to move me. This makes sense, considering their mutual affinity for diesel converted engines to run on veggie oil and their friendship with eachother (I mean, doesn't that move you?). More accurately, their near barbaric adoration for the Creator moves me.

I have heard heaps from the Prince of peace this past week. It is an irreplaceable harmony I'm not interested in letting loose a single bit. To be reminded that I am never, ever, alone fills me with wonder.

[I read something on Xanga that made me feel sad, and drift from whose opinion I care about (savior!) so I deleted my Xanga and got rid of it all. Sorry if that's inconvenient for you, it is totally not personal, it is simply a direct result of myself being too wrapped up emotionally in the cryptic minds of others- a place not intended for my presence. Thanks guys!]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm. i thought i commented on this entry. but i guess i only did it in my head. i think it was something along the lines of professing my love for david sedaris.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home