4.28.2007

Sham of a blogger- I made a list.

I can't stop reading recreationally, and the result of this isn't astronomically great in regards to my workload.

Beth, one of my mom and aunt's best friends, died yesterday. She knew Jesus. It was so wonderful being with my mom and aunt today, as we celebrated her and remembered her. I ask for prayer for Beth's children and husband. The Lord is the ultimate caretaker, and I pray that these beautiful people will know God's presence and His peace, and that His love would cover all pain and loneliness.

If I could only explain to you my week. Perhaps soon I will be able to further detail this following bulleted explanation, but for now this is the best I have:

+Jim Leffel from Xenos faciliated a wonderfully interactive conversation/lecture at Perspectives. I just want to get coffee with this guy and spend some time picking his brain!
+Lecture at Miami from Dr. Paul Farmer about global vulnerability and health care distribution. Just when I thought my contentment was sky high...
+Hung out with the Dr. Paul Farmer with wonderful friends in a park in Oxford, OH.
+Was able to befriend his filmmaker co-worker, and was honored to have her slumber on my couch.
+It rained and I had the best time walking in it.
+Good conversation with Mom and interesting documentary lent to me by a guy at the library.
+Got to talk to brother on the phone!
+Wonderful dinner cooked by Christina with Bethlehem girls.
+Prayer meeting.
+Erin Radigan's surprise birthday party.
+I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem reading time, and appreciation for Maryse Conde's use of personification time. Starting of Happy Are You Poor by Fr. Thomas Dubay
+Mom, Aunt Kathy, "The Queen," floats and existing together.
+Fruit of the Vine.
+FOX! Simon & Co! Great conversation with Elmo about Jesus and ecumenism. Great conversation with Eugene and Simon about Chinese chess. Fantastic visit to the empire of Steve & crew at the Brickyard.
+Jesus

I'm growing Marigolds, and whenever the Sun comes out they reach for the window. I play games with them, so that after I pick up the pot to water them I turn them around so they have to reach the other way for the sun. It works, and I get to come back to them in a different position all the time. I like to call that dancin' plants, try it for yourself.

I think I have to pick up a minor of some sort. My brother suggested Business Management. It's true it would be useful, but I'm so terrible at business-related things. Just awful. But as I don't think I want to be a librarian anymore, I need more substance to my major. Sociology is so attractive, but that would help me out much, will it? I just want to love people, but you can only major in love at Antioch.

Starting Student Global AIDS Campaign at OSU? Anyone want to help me with this? There is so much to do... we will see.

Speaking of so much to do...sleep is first on that list for now.

3 Comments:

Blogger mle said...

Yay for you tiny potted flowers. You will have to let me know how that goes. =0)

P.S. I didn't go to the container store... I just couldn't do it without you.

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

+dropped off some amazing yumminess for francine

ps. sociology is the best. that would be my major if i wasn't a nurse.

pps. major in love at antioch?

ppps. yes, SGAC... i'm in it to win it!! wooooo :D

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just getting caught up after the week ... thank you for that. It was a good time :) She rejoices with us and is thankful for your prayers. lym kay

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home