3.18.2007

"Drove to Chicago..."

Early in the morning I will depart for Chicago with Jackie and Grant. I feel compelled to note that Jackie and I are not taking a spare change of clothes, or much else for that matter. We will be there through Thursday morning. I think I'm sleeping on Eva's floor, but I'm not certain. In all actuality, it might be Grant's floor, though since I think he is moving into someone's basement in the city... floor room might be sparse. Maybe the floor of someone one of our friends knows. Or any floor we are permitted to slumber upon. We are going to explore parts of the city we've not seen before, and become acquainted with Grant's future campus [read: Moody]. We are going to pray. We are going to hopefully drink mint tea. We will most likely sing often and learn some.

I realize this is only a few days, and our sacrifices may seem small, but I'm looking forward to the simplicity of it all.

I reckon we'll have a jolly good time. Pray for our safe travels if you think of us in your stillness, or if you think of us in your hustle-bustle. Whichever.

4 Comments:

Blogger mle said...

that sounds amazing. I'm jealous. come back to me soon so we may speak of many things.

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In hustle-bustle and in stillness I will think of you ... be safe ,,, lym kay

7:50 PM  
Blogger Alan Files said...

Hey, my friend griffin says that Cinnamon rolls go really well with mint tea. I know, crazy.


Alan!

10:16 PM  
Blogger laurannyoung said...

oh man I wish I coulda seen ya. I spent all of my Monday searching high and low for you. true I didn't know where to look ... but I thought maybe ... just maybe I might catch a glimpse. but alas I did not. hope you guys had a wonderful time here! adios!

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home