6.05.2007

Neck Pains

Last night as I was crawling into my comfortable bed, I thought back to the first few times I met with the great outdoorsman of Columbus, commonly referred to as "the homeless." I thought of how horrible I felt going to sleep those nights, knowing that I would be sleeping in a relatively comfortable temperature with all the blankets and pillows I could ever need. How I didn't have to worry about someone stealing my things as I slept, or whether or not one of the guys at a neighboring camp was going to set my camp on fire. I thought of how it is such a retreat for me, at the end of the day, to peacefully fall into slumber knowing that the next night I would end up in the same place.

Last night as I was crawling into my comfortable bed, I was reminded of these things, and thought about sleeping on the floor instead. I didn't. I woke up with the worst neck pains I've ever awakened to, and immediately thought of the fantastic company I was in across the world, and I was glad for those pains. Also, I think it's fairly necessary to realize that I hold sleep and good sleeping conditions in too high esteem, perhaps...

I biked today more than usual. I can't wait to live closer to where I study and work so I can do this all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home