11.15.2005

Clumsy me

As this page was opening, I spilled coffee on my jeans. I've been running into all sorts of doors and walls lately. I really do radiate a whole new level of clumsiness. It seems to have progressed over the years, skipping my graceful spell (I've broken almost all of my toes, and then for awhile I didn't run into anything). I am now back to being close friends with anything big and solid and immobile. Don't worry, I have health insurance.

So, tell me friend, does weather affect joints? I know when it rains or a cold front is coming in, I get a headache. What I'm experiencing now is a knee-ache. The melancholy weather seems to be causing my right knee some trouble. I get that I sound like an old woman here, but I'm serious. I was walking up the stairs to my apartment thinking, "This is it. My knee is going to give out right here in the hallway, and since our neighbor hasn't been home a lot lately, I'm going to rot until Mashel comes home from work." Well, that's a little exaggerated, but I was worried that I would experience some sort of blow out, my knee going on strike and refusing to operate again. And I'll tell you what, nothing has changed much since then.

TO DO:

INST problem articulation and abstract of Research paper
MATH Research Paper
INST Research paper revisions, lots of them, all over

I'm pretty good at the whole survival thing, so I think I'll make it through finals.

Kierkegaard seems to be making his way into everyone's life lately.

Hey Kim/Carl, thanks for the peanut buttery goodness. Carl for baking, and Kim for bringing me some.

Last night at Vineyard an elderly woman walked Mashel and me to Mashel's car in the monsoon under her umbrella. Which makes me think of an Incubus song, but not the point. She was sweet, and Mashel decided she wants to be like that when she's older. I do too. I should probably start an umbrella service, you know. How lovely.

Oh yes, Natalie was at the worship service last night. Natalie from my math class. She's a ball of energy, and I wonder where it's all stored. Hmm, reminded of a quote just then, let me find it. Haha, okay, found it. The beginning doesn't really pertain to her. Wow. I'll type it in its entirety for humors sake. It's funny:

"The level of hormonal change and energy in that single room could probably be bottled, compressed, and used to launch a space shuttle." Kyle Lake, [re]Understanding Prayer

Said of an eighth grade dance. I guess the point is, Natalie's energy could be bottled, compressed, and used to launch a space shuttle.

Since I'm procrastinating with the best of them, I should probably read now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home