12.05.2005

USNews.com

"To the self-deprecating, 46-year-old Farmer, it's only a modest start. 'A small group of British abolitionists in the [19th] century began a movement that said, "Slavery is wrong, and we're going to change it." And they did,' he says. 'I believe we can convince people that it's wrong for the destitute sick of the world to die unattended. We can change that, too."

"'We've proven that people in poor settings with very complex diseases can be treated and cured,' Farmer says, but he is far from satisfied. 'We've had some victories,' he says. 'But if I were truly influential, everyon ein the world would have the right to heathcare, food, clean water, other basics. That's the goal.'"

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/051031/31farmer.htm

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I heard you got a myspace.

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um. im pretty sure shes had one kim. and just used it to spy. like all good computer owners should do.
duh.
get to know her.

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow just because you did doesn't mean she did. Maybe I was there when she made one yesterday, okay? Just maybe. Unless she was lying to me. Or was she lying to you?

10:48 AM  
Blogger kelly said...

Guys, stop arguing.

I didn't lie to anyone! Kim, I've secretly had one to spy, but I never made a profile for it and no one knew I had it. I just wanted to look at other people's. Yesterday is when I made a profile. I checked, and technically I've had it since April 6. But I've only had a profile since yesterday.

I shouldn't have even made a profile ahha I'm never going to actually develop it.

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You shouldn't have hidden the truth, is the thing.

Michelle let's be friends. Kelly...we'll talk, or something...

3:39 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

all i ever wanted was world peace and love.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home