1.21.2006

Was it everything you wanted to find?

I just got back from OU from a visit with Kelly and Kim, wonderful girls who everyone should get a chance to love because they're so amazing. Photos and more in-depth entry on the trip soon to come. (Hopefully? I mean, remember how I always promise to update about books and I never do? Ugh, While we're on the subject, my Anne Lamott is really quite poetic at times)

I kept thinking of this Nooma video (you know those nice Rob Bell short film type things), the one shown at the Grove in the fall sometime, when the little boy tells a lie and buries himself in a lump in the middle of his parents bed, only for his dad to find him and to tell him "There is nothing you could do to make me love you less." The dad repeats this phrase, or a variation of those words, same sentiment, over and over-- the scene illustrating God's love for every one of us.

I realize we should likewise adopt this perspective ourselves for each one of God's children, however I can say with no qualms that...

There is absolutely nothing my mom or my brother could do to make me love them less.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're too cute.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home