4.14.2006

And no it's not okay...

I took my brother on a tour today of Otterbein's campus. I think it was the only time I have thoroughly enjoyed being a student there. I was able to show him something he found interesting, something he was curious about.

OSU is a step forward, but I continue to struggle with the idea of practically losing a year. I can't help but feel like I'm going to be running the rest of the race just trying to catch up. The world is playing tag and I'm it. [What?]

In other news, playing a CD you haven't in awhile is encouraged. I was browsing through my iTunes when I felt that familiar recognition of a lost band.

WHO KNEW THAT MYLA GOLDBERG'S BEE SEASON WAS A MOVIE? With Richard Gere. A new release. I ought to have a blockbuster night soon, I've got to see how they chose to ruin the book. (Or maybe not? After all, I love Possession. I think I've just got a bad taste in my mouth after The Pact...]

I'm looking forward to the Columbus AIDS Task Force service project tomorrow, and hopefully Fruit of the Vine with Jackie and Grant. I miss Gary's disguised humor, Elmo's charming dorkiness and Fred's soulful crooning.

It is storming. I better turn in. ...Or watch.

[I can't stop thinking of the Taiping Rebellion, Sun Yat-sen, Yuan Shikai, the Guomindang (Kuomintang), etc. A large narrative of modern Chinese history is bouncing around my brain like a pinball, now if I could only channel it into a clear stream of thought and write it on my exam paper...]

1 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

i never read bee season, but if you liked the book i bet they ruined it b/c the movie is mediocre...but you can tell that maybe something good was going on in the book.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home