1.01.2007

"More like in action news" - Boa vs. Python

It's the first day of January 2007, which really just means it's the day after yesterday and I will always forget to write 07 upon periodical check-in. Also, a beginning like Spring maybe. Martin Luther King Jr. day is soon!

This morning my phone rang and I was alerted that my brother was mere minutes away from evacuating the Young premesis, so I drove hours (seconds) to wish him well and observe his highly comical and lovable self drive away with a car full of clean laundry and ties. I'm proud of him.

My G key isn't working particularly well today. Kind of like my ileum, which assured me of its unhappiness as I woke. It's a sick day, but that doesn't mean I can't dance to Mates of State.

On Saturday I was able to hang out with the posse downtown, and Timothy and Ginny gave me a strawberry candle! They arrived while I was behind the van, so once I navigated my way through a circle of friends, I was able to greet them with hugs and updates. They gave me updates in return, and the lovely scented candle. Given the choice between strawberry and vanilla at the dollar store, Ginny decided I was more of a strawberry girl, and I've never been so touched by a gift before. They renewed their vows recently, and Ginny's giant plastic ring is beautiful.

I also finally got to meet Fox's girlfriend, Yolanda! Fox showed her my christmas card, which prompted the meeting I suppose, and she is so sweet.

The CCP (a sort of community patrol, I'm not clear on what the acronym stands for) prayed with us at Broad! They have been showing up lately and observing before taking off when most of our friends scatter, but this past Saturday they stayed, so we invited them to pray and they joined us, holding hands and all. I got skippy about it because it was exciting, so Don jumped around with me.

I really feel as though big things are in store for Timmy. I hope I can update soon with news of a divine turnaround. The waves are getting bigger, perhaps they will crash any day now.

Meanwhile "The Night of the Living Dead," from 1968 is a must-see.

My friend Gregg from TCS mentioned to me a class he took last year, called Perspectives on the World Christian Movement, while I was baling once, and a couple weeks ago told me they were offering it again this year. I forgot about it until I walked out of service on Sunday and over to the Global Missions table, where a pamphlet for that class stood colorful and waiting to be taken. I looked at it in the parking lot, called my mom to tell her I was taking it, and later drove to the Vineyard to turn in my application. Speakers from all over the nation are going to talk about God's plans for all nations, cultures, missions, etc. I'm so excited about it, because I'm taking the personal enrichment route, meaning I will be totally open to sit and absorb and not worry about assignments and projects to tack on to my already busy schedule. I can't wait to learn. Check it out: www.perspectivescolumbus.org While I was there I took a paper discussing the homeless camps, because Hillbilly's shining jovial face graced the front.

"Bless these tangled veins, none of which will grow the same."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home