5.02.2007

Pelo

I grow these on my windowsill and feed them lukewarm water.




Today I was driving home from work, and couldn't stop thinking about how useless long hair was to me, specifically in warm weather. It takes sleep away from me, makes me hot, takes up time in the morning and throughout the day, and I waste some thoughts thinking about what it's doing or what it looks like sometimes. I decided these things were of no good to me, and that it would just be best to cut a lot off. I didn't want to do it myself, as I normally cut my hair, because of the shortness desired. I've never cut that many inches off my hair, you see. Naturally, the next step was to ask my mom to do it. She did it when I was 8, why not now? I drove to my parents house and she relieved me of my burden:

(I think I must look so happy because I'm thinking of the extra bit I'll get to sleep in tomorrow, not having to dry that long mess.)

Roughly the length of my hair prior to cut:



Phew. Praise Jesus.

Also this:
True silence which is creative silence is the most demanding activity God asks of any of us. Here it is that heart and mind and will, memory, and imagination are gathered up and collected in God.
- Robert Llewelyn

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh kelly, i just love it. and i think you just convinced me to get a chop. you see, us kelly's have to keep our hair similar at all times...
;-)

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like how the last two posts have been about actions motivated by sleep.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you look gorgeous, as always :)

ps. i wish i wouldn't have read this tonight so then it would have been a shock tomorrow at small group... oh well!

10:59 PM  
Blogger mle said...

Way to join the short hair club!! You will be recieving your membership card in the mail any day now... =0)

12:45 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

Kelly Mac,
Do it for freedom.

Unanimous,
Maybe I'll make a post about how I should be driven by more than sleep.

Francine,
Thank you. I can glue it back on maybe if you want to do the shock thing over again.

MLE,
On behalf of the follicles, we appreciate all you do.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home