3.10.2008

the "blizzard" of '08

My part of good old Ohio got 20-30 inches of snow in a period of two days. It's beautiful how everything shuts down when blizzards come to town. I ended up watching several films, which is rather unusual for me. I was, for the most part, stranded. Friday night Jonathan and Robby came over and we watched Darjeeling Limited. I've been trying to see that silly movie since it came out, and... finally! "We haven't located us yet." Thank you Wes Anderson.

Saturday I spent a lot of time knitting and some time sleeping. Mary, Steve, and Mitch came over and we hiked around in the snow. It came up so high on my leg, it was like a dream. You know, a dream where cotton descends into the capital city...

We walked to the Dube from my place and afterwards we went to Mitch's to watch Once, another movie I've been trying to see for a good deal of time. I'm still on the reserve list at the library and I'm #205 or something. Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova are both incredibly beautiful. After watching, I wanted to be both Czech and Irish, as well is musically talented. Sadly, I am none of these things. Next time a blizzard settles in I will recruit a guitar-playing friend to help a sister out.

My street will probably never be plowed. If it does, my car will be even more doomed. It's probably getting what it deserves, in a way. My mother and pops and brother came to rescue me...I had to walk out to a central vein of the city so they could access me. Now I'm in the ville until they take me back tonight. It is finals week, so I am about to make flash cards (fer real) with Crayola markers. I have been wearing mostly the same thing for about a week...

My Mother Teresa book was due back to the library on Friday when the blizzard struck. Here's to overdue fines!

//Addition, about 9:45pm//
I need to study, but I'm doing very poorly with that. Don't hold it against me. Also, this is still my favorite dance video. I just watched it (because I am perpetually distracted in times of study) for the first time in maybe a year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home