5.06.2007

Then you pick up rocks

Me, being equated to brokenness, and me being a professional in the arena of brokenness, but having connections that lift me into wholeness.

Incomplete sentences at night. Think about that next time you vote. One night spent on the corner of College and State flippin' coins with friends, eating donuts, and not recycling a lot of paper that went into the trash.

There is a difference between accidental singleness and living single purposely. I'm looking forward to becoming more intimate with God in my state of committed singleness for a bit, He's been stirring this in my heart and giving me so much joy out of it, it's beautiful. Sometimes it won't be but that's when I'll run to the mountain and rest in the hollow of His neck. So, it may be this way for life if he calls me to that. I can't wait for His Holiness to draw me even closer and whisper me truths that I'm simply not worthy of.

Also, I wasn't able to complete my reading of Camus' The Plague for tomorrow's discussion, but I've got some gaps before Geology and after Geology that I can cram it into. I need to form some thoughts and opinions about it though, and I can't cram those. I want to know this text--not consume it.

Speaking of Geology, last Friday I was waiting outside the classroom sitting on a bench, and the girl-always-in-a-hurry sat down next to me. We had a quiz to prepare for, so both of us were grazing through notes and trying to make sense of incomplete jottings when I struck up a conversation. Something about her interest in Geology. Turns out she is also girl-with-a-lot-to-say and it was exciting to talk to her. She was in this mood of blitzkreig and opinion and I was all a'peace. Needless to say it startled me that after sharing that she wanted to become a Geology professor, she said quickly, "I just want to be old and tenured and drinking at the faculty club on Thursdays," and got up and went into the classroom.

I wish I had more time to read Fromm. I took a thought holiday from writing today. I stared out my window through the six pillars of bark and the light breeze and distant trees said that I'd be better off sitting in grass reading my Fromm book.

Chris' friend Steve the Crohnie does not take 6-MP or Asacol, but jams an epi-pen type instrument into his leg several times every few months or so. I'm looking for a new physician, and may try his. I'd rather stick a needle into my leg for a couple hours every now and then than pills, pills, pills. Not to be confused with Bills, Bills, Bills, which was a Destiny's Child hit.

Oh, Matt Hamparian said this today in regards to water gun fights:
"Except water violence always gets boring so then you pick up rocks."
But things are never as funny afterward. I promptly wrote down this quote, but what I couldn't write down was the tone of his voice, the inflections, or the casual way he looked into space when he converted his weapon from harmless to capable of creating serious flesh wounds.

Oh admiration, and falling asleep...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home