6.15.2007

Lousy citizen

Last Wednesday's local town paper contained a letter to the editor about bicyclists not adhering to the same laws cars do, as, in this woman's opinion, they ought to. I felt ashamed reading the article, like she perhaps had a photo of me breaking traffic laws. This guilt was good indication that I am at fault. The reason this all comes to mind is that this morning, while biking to the library, I ended up in the street because of a man power-washing his sidewalk outside of his shop. I generally avoid biking in the street on this particular roadway-- I opt for the sidewalk in attempt to aid the drivers safety in not swerving aroud the narrow and busy area. In my sudden forced entrance onto the street I found myself riding in between oncoming traffic and parked cars....

All I thought about was that article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home