3.28.2008

Good Friday at Lockheed Martin

This is what I found most moving about Shane's most recent article on God's Politics, url below.

"Being the 5 year anniversary of the bombing of Baghdad, I was asked to reflect on my Easter in Baghdad in 2003. So I did. With mom looking on, I shared how she had supported my trip. I recalled how she had learned to ache with Abraham, Mary, and the parents of children in Iraq, all of whom have had to watch their own kids face grave danger. At one point, mom said to me, "The children in Iraq are just as precious to God as you are. How can I tell you not to get too close to their suffering?" And every night she prayed–weeping, hurting, groaning with God for an end to that suffering. As I spoke, I looked out and saw her eyes filled with tears. (NOTE: It was my mom's first "protest," so even though she had tears in her eyes, she also had a mischievous smirk as she stood next to a clever banner that read: "Lockheed Martin…. Making a Killing!")"
Shane Claiborne, http://blog.beliefnet.com/godspolitics/2008/03/good-friday-at-lockheed-martin.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home