4.25.2006

Tall buildings shake

I just picked out an interesting pineapple.

Half of it is so sweet and the other half is not.

This isn't entirely unusual, but it's just never been this drastic.


Practically nobody bought pineapples today, that's a little sad, where's your pineapple?


[Sometimes I think I read Anne Lamott because her writing makes me feel like I'm her friend, her book then is no longer just a New York Times bestseller, but a collection of letters (in a rather hefty bundle...) she has written me to catch me up on her life, faith, and discoveries.]

[I think that someone should invent perfectly fitting pants. They automatically fit you well regardless of your size on any particular day. This way, you will not feel guilty and shameful when they are too tight, or as though you deserve an extra brownie when they are a little loose. The perfect fit would allow you to think, "I could have that brownie, but maybe I'll save it for Friday when I have to catch up on all my work," which I think is a very wise choice.]

"God must see me as so many people at once: beloved, nuts, luminous, full of shadow."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's only because everybody bought all their pineapples yesterday, and the pineaples take a few days to eat, you know.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a jacket like that in 'Back to the Future 2'. You just push a button and it "Autofits". There were also Nike shoes with power laces. Check it out.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home