5.12.2005

a relational dynamic

Besides his train of thought being quite similar to mine, I'm drawn to read Miller because he write this thought process. It makes sense, not jumbled half-finished thoughts, but I relate to how he conveys everything. His humor is how mine would be if I were funny. (?) It's simple and enjoyable, yet leaves me with plenty to consider. He adds things that don't need to be there but add imagery, and it makes the people he's discussing seem real, not just sunday school bible characters. I soak up truth I can read in story fashion. Don't be anti about my Sir Don Miller reading spree! Now I'm reading Searching for God Knows What. Here are some of them in no particular order. Hopefully they won't make sense to you so you'll have to read the book to understand.

"I was pleased to discover that the God of Scripture is much larger than this. Everybody who met God in the Bible was afraid of Him. People were afraid of even the angels, so the angels always had to calm people down just to have a conversation. I would think that would be very annoying if you were an angel, always having to settle people down just to talk. It makes you wonder if the first thousand years in heaven will have us running around screaming like we would during an earthquake, the whole time God saying to us in an enourmous, booming voice, Calm down, calm down, will you, it's just Me."

"When you read the book you start realizing that people who were very close to John read this essay and got to the end and started crying because John was telling them he was going to leave, and then I'll bet at his funeral everybody was standing around thinking about how John knew he was going to die and told them in his book. And I'll bet they sat around that night at somebody's house, and somebody who had a very good reading voice lit a candle, and they all lay on the floor and sat on pillows. The children sat quietly and the man with the voice read through the book, from beginning to end, and they thought together about Jesus as the man read John's book, and when it came to the end where John says he is going to die, the person who was readin got choked up and started to cry. Somebody else, maybe John's wife or one of his daughters, had to go over and read the end of it, and when she was finished they sat around for a long time and some of the people probably stayed the night so the house wouldn't feel empty. It makes you want to live in a community like that when you thinking about the way things were when Jesus had touched people."

"It makes you wonder if guys like John the Evangelist and Paul and Moses wouldn't look at our systematic theology charts, our lists and mathematical formulas, and scratch their heads to say, Well, it's technically true; it just isn't meaningful."

Hmm, too bad I can't quote the majority of the book.

Anyway, no Mae so I'll just do something "Mae-oriented" thanks to Michelle. Hopefullly she's still up for that. Please dial my number and sing me Mae. That's sort of like a concert.

Best smile? I'm honored! Really, I'm surprised anyone voted for me and now I'm curious as to how this happened. It really is fun though. Kentucky got it too so we took a picture during government.

Well I'm going to go read and finish up some work so I hope you have an amazing Thursday! Tomorrow is Friday, guys! (Weekend.....!)

Woah. I forgot I was "working" Saturday and making money. Awesome. ( Not at the store, at a dress rehearsal )

Bye

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah. i thought you were going to the concert so i told jeremy that i would go to his game.
but maybe after school we could have a picnic with lomein and get my stereo and take it to hoover and blast mae while we eat out of your picnic basket.
or something.

its up to you

oh, and its mashel to you

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kellyyy, I'm pretty sure that I miss you and if I don't talk to you soon, well then I don't know what will happen. Call me soon? Great.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home